Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Where have I been?

Wow it is weeks since I have written here.  What have I been doing?  Well a lot of nothing ... I have a clean house including having washed the blinds and have cleaned out SOME of Richard's bomb site.  

I have been sewing lots but finished nothing.  I have so many projects on the go and so desperately want to finish them but just haven't got there yet.  

I have started doing hexagon stitcheries.  Saw a really interesting one by Nikki Tervo but figured that I could design my own based on the Raconteur quilt.  As I already have over 400 designs figured I would use some of them.  

Did a couple on muslin with soft pastel type colours and they looked really cute until I saw a stitchery done on osnaburg.  Previously I hadn't been too keen on it but this time it seemed to have a bit of class to it and of course the green eyes of jealousy wanted some of that too.

So I have designed some more and am doing those on the osnaburg using hopefully autumn colours.  I am going to draw them all up and then take them with me on our holiday to Europe as I figure I can get a long term project in for very little weight or room.

Tomorrow I will upload some photos of my projects ... quite a variety there.

No comments: