Monday, April 6, 2015

Khanam's Surprise by Joy Cook


Khanam's Surprise by Joy Cook
An advantage of having so many friends who also quilt is there is usually someone who is willing to make up a quilt design. Khanam's Surprise is a block which I designed for Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks series. 







I made it but wasn't fussed on some of the colours I chose. Joy saw it in the magazine and wanted to try a new technique I have been encouraging my friends to try and so this was the perfect project to learn it on. The technique is where you print the sewing and cutting lines on the back of the fabric using your inkjet printer. After printing it is then a simple matter of cutting along the dotted lines and sewing along the solid lines. 

Joy had some difficulty with the method as we were unable to find the settings on her computer to set the printing for 100% but once we overcame that it was full steam ahead. 

If you like the look of this pattern it is available here

No comments: