Thursday, January 17, 2013

Carol Le Maitre

The Rice Pickers
I have finally started to upload some of Carol's blocks. She has finished all of Collection 2 but has decided not to join them together at this stage, after I suggested she wait and then join them in a way that suited both her own fabrics and the designs. Racontuer is perfect for making many quilts and all of them may be different.
These three blocks were originally made while we were travelling.
The Rice Pickers represents those people in Asian countries who spend their days toiling the fields, bending and straightening, what a painful back they must have.
I Love Lucy
I love Lucy was a rerun on a French TV channel when we were visiting, even the continentals have the old black and white reruns.... although my knowledge of French was minimal it was enough to reignite the memories
Creme de Chantilly
Creme de Chantilly was made on the night of my husband's 54th birthday as we celebrated eating the most divine cake our son had ordered from a local patisserie in Paris.  I could live on those cakes but alas I am positive it wouldn't be too healthy.  Why are all delightful things bad for us?

No comments: