Friday, February 20, 2015

Cafe Creme & Thoroughly Modern Topsy

I said I would show you the quilt that I practised my FMQ on earlier this month. Most of the blocks in this quilt, Thoroughly Modern Topsy, were made by people from Nowra Quilters when I was teaching them how to do QAYG. 

We decided to also add some life to the back of the quilt and as you can see from the photo here on the right the backing looks pretty good too. After making the blocks various people, me included, added some extra quilting ... just to practise. It was a good practise size as the blocks are just 18in by 22in.

I then had the fun of joining the whole thing together.

The photo here at the bottom shows Cafe Creme, the original quilt .... which still needs extra quilting added ... someday. Still ditch stitching along at present and this has improved out of sight ... mind you improving was the only direction I could go from whence I started :-)


No comments: