Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pirate's Paradox


The title of this quilt comes from the Gilbert and Sullivan musical Pirate's of Penzance. Within that you have one skit where a misunderstanding occurs because of the way people pronounce the words orphans and often. As I often have had orphans over the years I thought this was a reasonable connection.
I made this quilt in an attempt to use up ALL of my left over blocks from projects I have made throughout the 20 years I have been quilting. After this quilt was finished I was left with only one block in my orphan box. Richard upon seeing it thought it was grand as it reminded him of so many of my other quilts.
When he moved out to live on campus he wanted a quilt that didn't matter if it was damaged and was really happy when I offered this one

No comments: