Saturday, April 9, 2011

Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks - Volume 3

Woo hoo!! Just received an email from the editors etc of Creative Craft Group.  These are the  people who, among other things, put together the Quiltmaker Special Issues and their next issue is the third in the 100 Blocks series.

This is a series of magazines in which they publish 100 original blocks from both established and up and coming designers.  I was very fortunate and had a block published in volume 2 and now I have discovered that not only will one of my blocks be included in the next issue but also it is included on the cover.

100 Blocks Vol. 3 is at the printer as of early Thursday (US time)! I can’t wait to see it! Designers who have a block included will receive their complimentary copy around the 4th week of April... so only another three weeks to go.  Yes I realise that they said around the fourth week but I am assuming that is for US designers not those of us in the colonies.

So which is my block?  Well if you look carefully at the included photo, my block is the brown and tan one which is the second block on the second row.  I will take a photo of my block when I recharge the batteries for my camera tomorrow to show it to you more clearly.  So why do I still have the block you may ask? Well because my first effort was only 11.75in square and the requirements were for 12in. 

I can't wait to see the magazine.  the last one had so many fun blocks and I am positive this one will be also be full of new exciting blocks.  Actually if I had a daughter or granddaughter I think the one on the top right corner of the shoes peeping out from the skirt is gorgeous.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Congratulations, Cinzia! How wonderful to be included for the second time, and to be on the cover! I'm very proud to say I know you. It's great to see an Aussie included in this publication. Well done!