Sunday, February 10, 2013

DAGMT & 13 in 13

Well this has been a busy month and I have managed to sew for at least 20 minutes on just about everyday but have had no chance of actually uploading what I have done. So as a quick recap here goes.
1. The photo to the left shows some of the quilting which I have been doing.  For the first four days I completed 20 mins each day on this quilt, Terri's Treat. Now I know the quilt doesn't look like much but this is actually the back. I figured you wouldn't see my quilting on the front and so have included the back photo. 
Over the four days I used the same pebble pattern, trying both going along the length of the strip and going backwards and forwards. I found that I was actually better when I went along the length which surprised me. Also that 20 minutes was my limit for effort, after that I became sloppy wanting to finish more than wanting to make something worthwhile. The second photo shows the detail on the front.
2. The next thing I did was to add the binding to two quilts. I had been given the blocks, had then added the sashing and border. My friend Terri quilted them and then I added the binding to this one, A Summer Frock (that's another project in my 13 in 13 challenge also!)


3. The final thing that I did was to make a pillowcase backing for Snippets, the first mini quilt in the Raconteur series. 

This also means that I have finished another  project for my 13 in 13 challenge. So I only have nine to go.

2 comments:

Beth at Quilting Hottie Haven said...

OMG you have been busy! Yay! Love them all.

FlourishingPalms said...

Yay for you! Nice progress. And it's good to know your limitations when it comes to FMQing. Better to stop at 20 minutes than push on and make a mess of it. Keep up the good work!