Friday, February 22, 2013

The Lost Dr Seuss Poem

After uploading Carol's latest block yesterday I remembered a poem which I have over my desk at work and thought othrs may enjoy it as much as I do some days.

I Love My Job
I love my job. I love the pay!
I love it more and more each day.
I love my boss, he is the best.
I love his boss and all the rest.

I love my office and its location.
I hate to have to go on vacation.
I love my furniture, drab and grey,
and piles of paper that grow each day.

I think my job is really swell.

There's nothing else I love so well.
I love to work among my peers. 
I love their leers and jeers and sneers (this bit isn't true of my peers0

I love my computer and its software.
I hug it often though it won't care.
I love each program and every file.
I'd love them more if they worked a while.

I'm happy to be here. I am. I am.
I'm the happiest slave of the Firm, I am
I love this work. I love these chores.
I love the meetings with deadly bores.


I love my job. I'll say it again.
I even love those friendly men.
Those friendly men who've come today,
In clean white coats to take me away!!

No comments: