Friday, February 15, 2013

Testing Linkies

Hi To make it easier for people to check out who has uploaded a post for the current Scatterday I have added a linky post to the sidebar. It is easy. Write your post and publish it. Copy your blog address from the address bar. Come back here and click on the bit that says 'submit your link' and then add the info they ask for. For link title just put your name or something short, otherwise it overlaps the next link. I am unable to work out how to put the links one under the other.
Fingers crossed.... it worked when I tried it:) although it did take a few minutes for the link to show up.

9 comments:

Vireya said...

Thanks for trying this, Cinzia. It will be good if it does work!

jacaranda said...

My T's are ready to go, so will give it a try.

FlourishingPalms said...

This will make following-up so much easier - on you and us! Thanks for adding this option.

jacaranda said...

I published mine on Wednesday to make sure it worked and it did. Thanks Cinzia for adding this option, will make it so much easier.

singingquilter said...

Great idea, Cinzia - it's frustrating to go through the whole list when everyone hasn't posted yet.

Vireya said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

cinzia said...

Links to the blogs may be added anytime after Wednesday if the Scatterday post has been written and set to automatic posting.
This allows people to write their post, put up their link and then others are able to check out all of the posts from early Saturday.
It is perfect for people like me who like to check posts early.
It is also good for people who are going to be away but who have written posts as they have a few days in which to get their link up if they aren't going to be around on Saturday morning.

Joy V said...

I've just posted mine Cinzia. Thank you for doing this, it will be much better than trying to find everyone's addresses. I'm early for posting as will be at Guild tomorrow.

Vireya said...

I removed my earlier comment because when I wrote it there were four links to blogs without Scatterday posts, but they all did their posts later. I was just being impatient. The linky is great!

I actually keep track of the posts in Google Reader. I created a Scatterdays folder, and put all 27 or so blogs in that folder. Whenever any of them post I am notified, although of course I see all their posts, not just the Scatterday ones. I don't see that as a draw-back, unless they never do a Scatterday post.